Portland International Airport (PDX) is located approximately 10 miles from downtown Portland and services all major airlines. Taxi rides are generally between $35-$45; the stand is located on the lower level outside of baggage claim. Multiple public transportation options to downtown include:
- Light Rail – The MAX light rail Red Line is a direct connection between the Portland International Airport and Downtown with multiple stops located just a few blocks from the hotels. The trip takes approximately 38 minutes and costs only $2.50. For additional information and schedules please visit the website.
- View a map of the light rail system.
- Shuttles – The Downtown Airport Express by Blue Star operates every 30 minutes for trips to downtown. This bus stops near the Benson, Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, Marriott City Center, and the Marriott Downtown. One-way trips are $14 and round-trips cost $24. For more information and to book your reservation visit the website.
- Taxicabs – The average fare from the airport to downtown is approximately $35 before gratuity. Taxis are located in the center section of the airport terminal’s lower roadway outside of baggage claim. One-way trips to downtown take between 20-40 minutes.
- Ride-sharing Programs – Ride-sharing companies such as Uber and Lyft also service Portland International Airport and the Portland area.
Historic Union Station, a Portland landmark, is located at the foot of the Broadway Bridge in Old Town Chinatown, just minutes from the center of downtown. Three Amtrak passenger trains, the Coast Starlight (west coast cities), Amtrak Cascades (Pacific Northwest), and Empire Builder (points west) offer daily departures.
The low cost Bolt Bus (www.boltbus.com), Greyhound (www.greyhound.com) and multiple other bus lines service Portland. The Greyhound terminal is located on Northwest Sixth Avenue and Hoyt Street, just south of the Union Station.
Portland is accessible via I-5, the major north-south interstate, I-84 for points west. I-405 forms a loop with I-5 around the central downtown area of the city. Attendees/Visitors can access the convention center via Interstate 5 North from exit 302A–Rose Quarter, or from Interstate 84 West exit 1–Lloyd Boulevard.
777 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
Hourly and daily parking are available in the underground parking garage. Entrance into the garage is through either NE First Avenue or NE Lloyd Boulevard. The daily maximum rate to park is $10. Overnight parking is prohibited. See convention center parking for additional information.